Personal Umbrella Insurance
Personal Umbrella Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Personal Umbrella Insurance Information
Your personal insurance policies (e.g., home, renters or auto) can help provide financial protection if you’re accused of causing third-party bodily injury or property damage. But if a claim or judgment exceeds the limits set by your existing policies, you could have to pay the difference out-of-pocket. Personal umbrella insurance coverage can help pay in these instances. Contact Mr. Auto Insurance in Haines City, Florida, to learn more about personal umbrella coverage.
What Is Personal Umbrella Insurance?
Personal umbrella insurance provides an extra layer of protection beyond your existing policies. It may also offer coverage for previously excluded losses and for other members of your household, such as your spouse and your children. These policies generally have a $1 million coverage limit, but greater amounts may be available.
What Does Personal Umbrella Insurance Cover?
A personal umbrella policy can increase the limits of your current liability policies. Individual policies may vary, but a standard policy may include coverage for the following:
- Bodily injury can help cover costs (e.g., medical bills, lost wages) if you’re accused of causing physical injuries to third parties.
- Property damage can help pay for property damage you or your family are accused of causing.
- Personal injury can help pay for expenses associated with allegations that you caused a third party personal injury (e.g., slander or libel).
Your personal umbrella policy may partially or entirely cover the legal fees associated with settling injury or property damage claims.
Who Needs Personal Umbrella Insurance?
There are numerous reasons why you might choose to buy personal umbrella coverage. In addition to providing peace of mind, an umbrella policy could be beneficial in the following circumstances:
- The limits of your existing policies don’t cover your total assets.
- There is an “attractive nuisance,” such as a trampoline, swimming pool or playset, on your property.
- You have additional liability risks (e.g., you have a teenage driver).
Personal liability coverage may also be able to help pay for liability claims that occur outside of the United States. You may want to consider personal umbrella coverage if you frequently travel internationally.
Getting Personal Umbrella Insurance
At Mr. Auto Insurance, we pride ourselves on treating customers as individuals. Contact us today to get a customized personal umbrella insurance quote and to speak to an insurance agent.